Friday 24 February 2012

the end of week one.

This first week has been a learning curve for me.

I have to rest.
I have to look forward.
I have to cherish my time.
I have to remember how blessed I am.

During this week, Matt and I have been fortunate to be able to spend [lots of] time together. I am acutely aware that when our precious baby enters this world it will no longer be just us. Two become three. We will forevermore be parents.. mumma and dadda.. mum and dad.. mother and father. A true privilege. There is certainly no one else I would want to start on this great adventure with but I am also struck by the responsibility of parenthood.

Spending time with a friend over lunch led me to the question 'there must be more..?' and yes praise Jesus I know there is an eternity of hope and freedom but what about the here and now? I believe that the responsibility I have to my child extends much further than feeding, clothing and loving. My deepest desire is for our baby to know Jesus as saviour, but how?

Is it enough to tell stories, read the bible, pray and take them to church every Sunday? I need my whole life to reflect the presence of God in it. My passion for Jesus must be overflowing. Following our church's bible reading notes and reading Acts 27 today, I was struck by how true it is that how we display our faith  speaks volumes about our relationship with God. It's easy to follow Jesus when life is good but I need to watch out for the times where I am challenged.

I am praying for peace in my heart regarding our finances during this changing time in our life. I must remember that this is God's plan I am following. Which is truly exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment